So I haven't posted anything for ages. The laundry list of excuses all come down to working to hard.
It is this very ethic that has caused me to miss out on each and every RATM performance this year. I cannot believe that I allowed this to happen. I sat, this past bank holiday Friday, at home alone. The girlfriend had gone off to Paris for a family doo. There I sat, alone - while one of my good work mates dirtied himself in the Reading pit - as Rage took to the stage and blasted a small, poorly pronounced English town into a fit of angry hysteria. I can admit to you good readers that I found myself fighting back tears of loss.
The rest of my bank holiday was filled with boats and Nottinghill festivals - good fun although little recompense for the loss of what I am sure would have been a life afferming - nah altering experience! The drunken river folk and night runs through the grand union canal prooving brilliant entertainment - yet nothing in comparison to the lost experience of seeing that angry midget collaborat with three musical bohemaths to strike out in song against Bush and his war mongering.
To add insult to injury I have been constantly haranged by said friend the past tow weeks with short sharp painful reminders by MSN and half whispered passings in the corridors. "Lights out, Guerilla Radio..." and "Fuck you I won't do what you tell me!"
Today as we speak he has launched out in attack of Lars and his drumming - after the followed RATM headlining the next night of the afore mentioned Reading festival.
Enough of this wallowing back to the world of work - at least the Aussie's finally saw their ass last weekend!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment