So I realise I have been really bad lately with the blog updates. Deal with it! The beginning of this year has proved to be interesting. After the relationship debacle that ended last year I now find myself in demand by a French girl. Some of you probably find that hard to believe - again deal with it!
Re affirmed the fact that I am not infallible in any walk of life. Another brilliantly obvious discovery that once again qualifies my belief that this is all a big endurance ride and all we are required to do is hold on for dear life.
Anyway the start to my year has seen me spread my wings over two continents. I went off to Dallas Texas - which is in the continental United States but is often regarded as being its own country and not part of the US. Brilliant trip - lots of drinking. Good fun and I now can recommend a number of fine establishments to see and be seen at if you ever find yourself in that neck of the woods. Let me say to that I have it on good authority that Dallas is the second best place in the US for mammary glands (Shel). The first being the west coast, San Fransico - LA... This I get from my cousin Lyal, as I have not been yet but plans are a foot.
The next portion of January was taken up by birthdays, sisters and snowboarding in Switzerland. The birthday was an interesting one - was surrounded by all the people I hold near and dear here in the UK. Those few that missed it had been attended to on the Saturday at Ant's birthday party. I had forgotten what it was like to be out in a crowd of mates... So now as I dab the tear from my eye for "the boys", Shae, James, Shel, Roy and the rest of that crowd - I shall continue and talk of Switzerland.
My second snowboarding trip to date and I am now firmly "hooked" on the sport. Although I have learnt the perils of the snowboard and drag lift. I can seemingly get down a slope okay but god forbid I could get back up on one of those horrible drag lifts. They are all fine and dandy for those geriatric skiers but for the new, hip and trendy snowboarder.... Many I trip to the top of the piste saw your faithful blogger ( me dumb asses) ascending on his stomach while in front and behind me clutches of five year olds on skies effortless made their way to the top on the same lift systems. Embarrassing to say the least!
The snow in Switzerland was less than impressive. So on one of the dreary days I was off to Levy Le Bain. A set of hot springs and relaxation center about 30kms from the resort. Here I discovered ice swimming. Crazy bastards jump out of saunas and into freezing water and then back into the sauna. Repeat until your chop falls off and then run around telling everyone you have never felt so alive.... Me I jumped in once got the hell out and stayed the hell out. My whole body felt like it had some serious pins and needles and that was about that.
Returning to the UK after that - I am faced by another year here. Where last year was the year I found my feet I expect this year to be the year for me to enjoy my new found balance. Aware that I will almost certainly find that, with friends moving off into their own lives, at the end of this year there will certainly be less footholds to use. With this in mind I am out and about this year expanding the circle of trust. Constantly trimming and weeding the acquaintance garden. A nessecary chore as while bridges should never be burnt - sometimes you have to cut away the dead weight to ensure your own continued growth and sanity.
I am beginning to believe that my generosity of spirit - or at least the levels of this generosity may be an issue. Not that being generous is a character flaw but more that I perhaps take it too far and that I do it to substitute for things that I feel I am missing rather than going out and filling the voids properly. I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone - especially you Jason! I guess that as I have gotten through the January event updates I am now just putting my mindset out onto the web. A virtual rendition of the usual breeze shooting that would take place if I were addressing you all in person.
As always correspondence from Africa is less than satisfactory. Some of us are stuck out here in the European bush waiting for word from friends and family that comes less regularly than rain in the Namib. But that which is recieved is always appreciated and I hope replied to. Perhaps the email exchange is on African time and adopts the same efficiency standards and I will soon find myself swamped in a gmail box by postdated correspondences from you all.
Anyway I have almost run out of hot air for this session. May you find this entry in high spirits. There is a little double entendre there for any of you willing to pull it out. Keep on keeping on sooner or later we will all find what we are looking for. So keep your eyes open so you recognise it. Take the risks make the mistakes and keep growing.
Buubus
Blogging it up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Update, 3 - 5 February 2007:
The Buub gets drunk and makes inter-continental telephone calls, forgets about them and then burns his mates about having poor form.
Quick, I'm thinking of a number between 16 and 18...
Post a Comment